Monday, June 11, 2012

Gettin' Thrifty With It

Happy Monday! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend, I know I did. On Saturday I was able to take a road trip with my sister up to Clarksville, a little town about an hour north of me that has the most amazing antique center. We spent hours there going through all 40,000 sq. ft. (no, that's not a typo) of fun things they have. Unfortunately I had to limit my spending somewhat since I'm in the process of saving up to get into a new apartment, but there were a few things I found that I definitely did not want to leave without. And I'm already planning on a second go round this week!

On the way up there we made a pit stop in this tiny town because we saw an abandoned junk yard of sorts that we thought would make for an awesome photo op.

*Photos by Melanie
 Crazy to think that I've had classes with more people in them than this little town!


 Looks like school's been out for a while here.
 Bowling anyone?

Let the thrifting begin!
 First thing we saw when we walked in, not much of a guard dog but she was such a sweetie!


 Definitely buying this canister set if it's still there next time.

If I ever need a cane, I will make sure to have one as cool looking as this guy.




Here's the first of the 3 things I took home with me, I fell in love with this old sewing table the second I saw it! Planning on making this into my new nightstand.


My sister was actually the one who found this gem. It's an old key case; perfect for jewelry storage! This and the sewing table both need a little love, but I'll make sure to post before and after pictures once I've cleaned them up a bit!

This last item was such a steal. I wanted something smaller to hold my rings, necklaces, and earrings that I wear on a more regular basis that I could keep on my nightstand. Managed to find this pretty little ceramic jewelry box for only $5 bucks!


 
My sister and I had such a great time here, I can't wait to go back again. If anyone in my area knows of any other good antique/thrift shops please let me know! I love finding hidden treasures of sorts & giving them a home and a new life.


Over & Out.

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment