Thursday, June 14, 2012

In the Kitchen: Grandma's Apple Crisp

One of my favorite memories from growing up is remembering the smell of mom and grandma cooking in the kitchen. Nothing beats the smell of home cooked food, especially desserts. Normally I eat pretty healthy, but my sweet tooth took over today and I knew instantly what I wanted to make.

Grandma's Apple Crisp.

This recipe was passed down to my mom from her, then again to me. I wanted to share it with you all because it's super easy to make and tastes amazing. Definitely worth indulging in. Enjoy!

*Photos by Melanie









and 45 minutes later...



 Recipe:

8 medium sized Granny Smith apples, sliced
 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup oats
8 tbsp (about a stick & a half) margarine or butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix dry ingredients & softened butter together in a bowl. Set aside, then peel & slice apples. Arrange apples in a square or rectangular glass dish. Sprinkle dry mix over apples.

Bake until topping is golden brown & apples are tender, approximately 45 minutes(depending on your oven). Best served warm and, if desired, with vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream. :)



Over & Out.

Melanie





No comments:

Post a Comment